Artist Representation and Productions

We accept submissions for artists who need an O1 Visa Sponsor.


About Prelude Productions


Artist Productions.

O1 Visa Sponsorship


O1 Artist Visa 

Frequently Asked Questions



PLEASE NOTE: If you have an active and successful career as a musician,artist or performer - you may qualify for an O1 Artist Visa.


Prelude Productions Services:





The following information was gathered by the immigration attorneys we have been working with.

Q:  Do I need a visa?

A:   If you want to work as a musician in the USA (i.e. playing gigs, concerts, recording, composing, teaching, etc) you must have a valid work visa. Musicians and artists generally prefer O1 visa, which allow them to work in various engagements and not be limited to one employer.


Q: Am I qualified for an O1 artist visa? 

A:   O1 visa is for individuals with extraordinary ability or achievements. While it might sound hard to meet these requirements, do not get discouraged. If you have an active career as a musician in your home country or in the USA, and you have never been illegally present in the USA, you may qualify.Please send us your resume and a list of your professional achievements, so we can assess your qualification for the visa.



Q: How do I get started with the application?


A: First, you need to find an agent to represent and petition for you. Second, you need a professional immigration attorney and experts that will prepare and oversee the petition process. 

If we choose to work with you, we can sponsor your visa. More importantly, we have experienced visa specialists and attorneys with expertise in the O1 visa petition and process that can recognize your expertise and highlight your relevant qualifications to strengthen your application.



Q:  Are there any fees involved in the visa application?

A:   Yes, as in any legal process. The fees include USCIS filing fee, attorney’s fee, and visa preparation/representation fee. The good news is that our rates are one of the lowest in the nation.


Q: Can I change my status from OPT or F1 visa to O1?

A:   Yes, if you apply before your F1/OPT status expires.



Q:  Can I change my status from tourist to O1?


A:   Only if you entered the USA with a tourist visa, and did not have any intentions of working here before you entered, you may change your status to O1. If you entered without a visa, using the visa waiver program, which is available to many European nationalities, you cannot change your status to O1 and will have to leave the USA while your petition is processed.



Q:  For how long can the O1 visa be valid?

A:   The O1 visa can last up to 3 years with valid sponsorship.



Q:  Can I extend my visa beyond the 3 years maximum period?  


A:   Yes. Depending on the length of your future itinerary, you have two options: We can petition for an O1 visa extension in your behalf for one year, or, we can re-apply for your new O1 visa for another 3 years, and so on. Our experience shows that once you received an O1 visa, it is very likely that your following O1 petitions will be approved, given that they are prepared by our professional team.



Q: Can I complete to petition process even if I am not in the New York area, or even not in the USA? 

A:  Yes. 



Q: I already have a lawyer who prepares my petition, but no employer or sponsor. Can Prelude Productions become my sponsor


A:  Yes. Once we deem you qualified we will be happy to sponsor you for the O1 visa. On the other hand, we can prepare your petition if you already have a sponsor. Please bear in mind that it will probably cost you less if you have us as your sponsor and the preparer for your petition. 



Q: How long will it take for my application to be processed by the USCIS? 

A:   Approximately 2-3 weeks.


Q: I have more questions. Can I contact you directly?


A:  Definitely. Please email us to with any questions regarding your situation, qualifications, O1 visa sponsorship and legal petition procedures.


Q: What is the visa procedure for Canadain artists who received their O-1 visa Approval Notice.


A: Canadian citizens do not need to apply for a visa stamp at an US embassy in Canda. If the beneficiary plans to enter the US by land (car) he or she should have their passport, I 797 Approval Notice, and evidence of their career, or copy of their portfolio for inspection at the US- canada border. Then they will go over a short interview to confrim their professional ability, and will be given a stamp on their passport as an O-1 visa holder. The applicant do need to prepare any forms or pictures for the procedure.


Q: Can a tourist who entered the US under the Visa waiver Program can change their status to O-1?


A: No. They must leave the US in order to petition for their O-1 Visa. On the other hand, a tourist who entered the US with a tourist visa, is allowed to change their status to O1.








The contents of this page are provided for general information only. Information has been greatly condensed from our various immigration related sources but should not be relied upon for legal purposes.

If you need further information, we would encourage you to contact us directly and to seek the advice of our immigration attorney and staff.


Our Spectrum of Services to our Represented Artists


Artist representation

Services regarding an artist visa

  • Optional O1 visa Sponsoring for qualified artists
  • O1 Visa portfolio preperation and Visa Petition to the USCIS (DHS)


  • Please contact us for any question, and to find out about our O1 visa sponsorship.We would love to hear from you.
  • Please Email us at


Excellence in the Arts

O1 Artist Visa updates

Updated to February 22, 2011

O1 visa is being approved in about 3 calendar weeks

It is important to include your Itinerary, as well as exact income from each engagement

Musicians can obtain the written consulatation from the American federation of Musicians, if they qualify.

Dancers should obtain their written consulatation from AGMA

The Director's Guilad, and Actor's Guild, require a detailed contract for their written consultation letter.

You may receive the visa stamp at your embassy without the original I-797 Approval Notice, thanks to the PIMS system.

Our artists were always approved their O-1 artist visa.

  • We successfully petitioned for musicians, dancers, writers and athletes.

  • .


l Rights Reserved.